Friday, 26 September 2014

Pen and Ink Ravens/Crow illustrations and art prints



© Nicola L Robinson 2015 www.teethandclaws.co.uk All Rights Reserved
Pen and Ink Raven / Crow Illustration © Nicola L Robinson

The nights are already drawing in and I'm feeling the chill in the air in the mornings, not to mention having to put all my studio lamps on by mid afternoon if not before all week, hello autumn, and hello slightly spookier things... (for a change, haha) I've been meaning to share these inky fellows with you for a little while and so here they are, a few photos of some pen and ink ravens / crows I've illustrated recently... 
 
© Nicola L Robinson 2015 www.teethandclaws.co.uk All Rights Reserved
Pen and Ink in process © Nicola L Robinson 2014

© Nicola L Robinson 2015 www.teethandclaws.co.uk All Rights Reserved
Pen and ink plumage! © Nicola L Robinson 2014


These lovely gothic ravens / crows are drawn in blackest black ink with one of my many scratchy dip pen nibs. I'd also like to add that I didn't set out to draw a crow or raven specifically, there are differences between both birds, my birds are not intended to be accurate depictions, it's just how they came out!

© Nicola L Robinson 2015 www.teethandclaws.co.uk All Rights Reserved
Pair of pen and ink ravens / crows © Nicola L Robinson 2014

For those of you who may be interested these lovely handsome gothic chaps are indeed available as beautiful signed art prints from my Teeth and Claws art print shop here... available in two sizes,  10 x 8 inch and A4. Just in time for Halloween, a lovely gift for the Edgar Allan Poe fan.


No comments: