Thursday, 14 November 2013

The Cheshire Cat 'We're all mad here...' Pen and Ink illustration



I love pen and ink! did I say that before? I've recently finished a lovely project which consisted of lots of pen and ink illustrations (which is quite unusual as most work demands the use of colour these days)
Fired up by this I spent a few hours alone yesterday with my pens and ink and here are the results, my imagining of The Cheshire Cat, from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.


The Cheshire Cat 'We're all mad here...' © Nicola L Robinson 2013


When I started drawing I realised it's hard to draw The Cheshire Cat without him bearing some resemblance to his predecessors in the original book, and subsequent films... it is a smiling cat after all! But I'm quite pleased with the results, I've given him a spotted lynx esq coat, as well as a bit of a scraggly mane, lovely thick black eyebrows- *almost* a mono brow and a monocle, to help him leer at you better... haha

No comments: