Tuesday, 12 March 2013

The Ugly Unicorn, with celtic knotwork & angry hare.

Oooh look, a Unicorn!
Something a little bit silly again now after all the pen and ink... So behold, the Unicorn! He's watching you...

Pen and ink, watercolour and digital play in photoshop. I was really pleased with the detail on the full size version just over A3, although much of it has been cruelly sucked out now it has been saved for web...

I had some fun designing and drawing the celtic knotwork inspired border, I do enjoy devising decorative things from time to time. 

It wasn't until I was about 70% finished with this when I noticed I had managed to use almost 3 of the Hogwarts House animals, (I say almost as the top right isn't really a raven...) my original line of thinking was to use woodland creatures looking at the ug, *ahem*, lovely unicorn in the centre.

No comments: