Thursday, 4 October 2012

Silver Award for Self Promotion at Images 36 Best of British Illustration

Wow, well, I can announce I had a fantastic time at the Images 36 preview and awards ceremony earlier this week at Somerset House, I also took home the Silver Award for self promotion for my illustration 'Downtown'. I'm absolutely thrilled!
Downtown, on the wall in the Images 36 Show

Me, crouching next to my illustration (it is hung quite low down on the wall)
It has been a long time since I exhibited so it was fantastic to see my work in the show, if you look carefully you might spot some little monsters in the bottom right corner of Downtown... haha :)

The AOI certainly know how to throw a party and there was much wine and beer flowing throughout the event, it was great to be amongst so many other illustrators, the quality of the work is really stunning and I am honoured to have been selected to be part of Images 36.

If you can get to the show do! It is currently at Somerset House from 3rd Octrober through to the 28th and will then be on tour, so keep an eye out for details-
Images 36 tour

Now, back to work...


2 comments:

Ben J Hamilton said...

Hi Nicola,

Congrats on your silver - that's brill. I really love this - I bet if you sent it to Pixar they'd make a film with it.

Is it for sale? It's made me want to go and draw stuff!

Best wishes, Ben

Nicola L Robinson said...

Hi Ben, thank you, high praise indeed :)

It isn't currently for sale, but very pleased it has inspired you to draw stuff!

Hope you are well.

Nicola