Friday, 13 July 2012

Friday the 13th, Unleash the Horrors!


Boo!
Friday the 13th, the perfect time to unleash the horror's. My very own Chamber of Secrets, or Pandora's Box... the sketchbooks.
To expand on the finished illustration work I have in my portfolio on my website I have added a new section for 'Sketches' with a number of scans from my sketchbooks and roughs ranging from the loosest line to more fine tuned character development. There are monsters, dragons, fish, penguins and more.
Here is one of my favourites, if one of the less developed, I call it 'Prospero and the Sea Turtles'...
Prospero and the Sea Turtles...
The Magus Prospero is commanding his army of sea turtles to go forth and do his bidding. This was clearly omitted from Shakespeare's final version of The Tempest. 

Note- Incidentally I do love The Tempest, I studied it at both GCSE and A- Level literature in school. Although you'd never guess from the sketch. Haha. 

The Sketches-
http://nlrobinson.co.uk/sketches.html

No comments: